Website promotion, as a marketing channel for businesses, has been and remains an important source of stable and high-quality traffic. Search engines dictate the conditions for website promotion through their algorithms, updating them every quarter. In Google link signals remain the most important factor in promoting a high-quality site to the top.
To receive stable quality links to your project, you need to allocate a good budget. There are marketplaces and exchanges where you can get links, guest posts, crowd links. But the problem is that your competitors do the same thing. And when many competitors act similarly, none of them can get a promotion advantage over the others. This created a new problem: “Where to get unique links that your competitor can’t get.” Here’s the solution. Make your own sites and place there the necessary links to your promoted sites and sites you want. Such resources for links are called Private Blog Network (PBN).
The creation of them has given a powerful promotional tool for their owners, as only they decide who can get these links and who cannot.
Advantages and disadvantages
To see the advantages and disadvantages of owning a PBN in general, let’s describe the pros and cons point by point.
- Full site management. You decide what will be placed there and who cannot get links from these sites.
- Unique links in the struggle against competitors. It’s difficult to describe exactly, but Google likes when a site has unique links (i.e. those that no one else has) and it evaluates it additionally.
- The cost of a link in such a PBN can be much lower, rather than buying links from site owners. In this way, you use your budget more efficiently, which gives you another advantage against your competitors.
- The possibility of promotion with the help of a network not a single site, but many (the exact numbers won’t be announced, the practice is completely different from 2 to 100 sites).
- The possibility of link exchange with partners or similar theme sites.
To summarize, the PBN usage allows to save the budget and promote the sites more effectively in comparison with the standard link building.
But it has a number of disadvantages:
- Additional costs for maintaining and creating networks (buying domains, creating a website, hosting).
- Additional management of networks. It’s necessary to check the integrity of the links, make sure that the network sites are always available, etc. All this requires time and financial expenses.
- Domain and hosting management (this also requires time and skills).
- The risk of being hit by Google sanctions, which can result in deindexing of all PBN sites (all talk about it, but there’s very few examples).
- Need site-building skills and maintenance of sites without creating footprints (certain signs by which Google can guess that the sites are included in the network – belong to the same owner).
Key Indicators of Network Performance
To maximize the effectiveness of each dollar invested in creating a network for yourself, you need to understand what to track, what to enhance and develop, and what to leave as it is or abandon completely.
The main factor that shows that the link placed from the site will work, is the indexing of the site and the indexing of the page where the link is placed.
This is a basic and fundamental point.
Also, experts highlight the following factors that influence the effectiveness of placed links:
- site traffic from search;
- traffic to the donor page from search;
- site traffic from other sources;
- traffic to the donor page from other sources;
- the number of clicks on the posted link on the donor page;
- DR site (the index of the ahrefs service);
- UR of the main or donor page (ahrefs index);
- the number of keywords in the top 100 (KW by ahrefs/serpstat/semrush);
- number of domains entering the site (ahrefs/serpstat/semrush indicator);
- number of backlinks entering the site (ahrefs/serpstat/semrush indicator);
- domain DA and PA indicators ( according to Moz);
- TF and CA indicators ( according to Majestic).
This is a general list, which is often (partially) used by clients or SEO specialists to find a site to buy links and build a PBN.
Let’s describe only our vision of what is demanded and should be in the TOR for the development of a network of sites (buylink.pro opinion).
- thematicity of the site (desirable);
- thematicity of the donor page (mandatory);
- donors to the site, giving quality and stable links;
- DR indicator (often already reduced to the number and quality of donors);
- indexation of the placed links.
Then you should consider the analysis of the effectiveness of promotion by links.
From experience, results can be within 14 days to 180 days (there may be several stages in obtaining results).
Methods for safe management of the website network
How to manage the network and don’t be afraid of being caught by Google? We can reassure you, if you aren’t a threat to an entire niche in any first-world country where public influence and budgets are sky-high, there’s nothing to be afraid of.
- Login to the site from the same PC, IP, browser, be logged into Chrome, add sites to a third-party panel to check scores or status (not Google’s webmaster).
- Install commonly popular plug-ins and modules. Conditionally, if they are common on 100,000 other sites, then there is nothing to fear.
What you can’t do:
- Put one metric.
- Set one analytics.
- Add sites to one Google search console.
- Put one Google Tag Manager.
- Put the same pictures (especially if the meta data in them will be repeated).
- Put only one link on all sites in the same place.
- Use the same text or other materials.
Let’s summarize all of this. You can’t use any object on all sites, so that Google or your competitors can visually or programmatically determine that these are sites of the same owner, and they are used solely for manipulation in SEO.
Placing links from PBN for your resource
How do you place links from your sites so they will work? We propose the following algorithm:
- First, we recommend that you go through the stage of checking the site for effectiveness by checking the website indicators, which in your opinion are important for the successful transfer of link weight to your site. Well, or trust us and use our list.
- Once you are sure that the sites are indexed and everything is okay with them, you can plan a schedule for link placement for your resource.
It’s recommended that you choose the dynamics depending on the link building strategy you’ve developed. So it wouldn’t look like a one-time installment of a link on all the sites in your network. You should wisely put them on a schedule of the total link building (this is called a link strategy).
Few words can be said about timing. Acceptable for the smallest site, with a zero link weight as one link from the PBN in 5-10 days. Any faster is not recommended.
Anchor links. Here, everyone chooses their strategy. Note that if it will be a branded anchor, there is a probability of detection by competitors of your sites (if they’ll search). And they’ll be able to understand that this is a PBN network (if they will be badly done or will have an obvious purpose).
We recommend that you use less than 5% brand anchors in your entire link profile. This gives a guarantee against sanctions and stable growth of the project.
The dynamics of brand anchors is similar to the link strategy.
- Where to place a link. There may be several options. Is it an article link or from the main page. Article links should have the most general nature in link promotion. But the link from the main page can still be divided into several types. It can be a link in a menu or secondary menu. It can be a banner or a picture of a partner brand with the fictional firm or site (offline). Link variations and ratios should also be taken from your linking strategy.
- Neighborhood links, link-tops. Having other outbound links from your site is a natural sign of a regular site (especially non CIS). Therefore, it’s important to have links to:
- Mass media – to a themed page or event;
- a competitor not in your sales region;
- near-thematic top sites.
The existence of such sites will disguise the true purpose of creating such a site and won’t allow you to say 100% that you’re the owner and created it to promote your main site.
Here’re a few examples.
- site on a casino in another country with similar slots or prizes;
- casino rating site;
- a media site that highlights the casino construction on the page;
- a media site that highlights the tournament;
- a media site that highlights the legality of this activity4;
- online store website with products for casino games, cards, poker sets (e.g., Amazon, eBay or any auction);
- a social media site on the subject;
- a link to a charity foundation;
- a link to a math school or university that has done a study on the probability of winning at a casino.
Niche cottage construction
- website of the construction ministry of the country, which contains laws on construction;
- site with GOSTs;
- site with reviews on construction;
- Internet store for building materials;
- Mass media – website page about the increase in the cost of utilities;
- Mass media – site page about road construction;
- link to the aggregator for the home or construction equipment category.
Control of placement indexing
Each realized link must work for the result of promotion of your site. Let’s describe the main parameters of control to achieve this result.
- Placement indexing. Google should know and keep in its cache that the link from this page leads to your site. Then will pass a stable reference weight, which grows over time.
- The overall state of the site on those indicators that you checked initially. They should remain normal – no drop in indexation, donor domains don’t fall off, backlinks don’t fall off, bad links don’t grow, the availability of the site doesn’t decrease.
It is recommended to use either services or a working reminder to audit the entire link mass of the site for stable measurement of indicators. This applies not only to PBN links, but all in general, including those purchased for SEO promotion.
What to do if the page fell out of the index?
- Check the stability of the site.
- Check the index as a whole site, there is no hacking or something “Chinese”.
- Check the speed of the site and analyze the state of the site as a whole by crawling-program.
- Check the uniqueness of the content on the page where the link is installed.
If this work doesn’t answer what you need to fix to get the page back in the index, we recommend using external tools to work on the current page.
This point will be disclosed below.
Developing and maintaining PBN in SEO production
By developing your sites from the web, you increase the weight of your stable links across all the projects that use your grid. This is a good and long-term investment that will allow you to constantly grow in the top or stay there without subsidence.
Internal development of the site
- Update new php versions.
- Engine update.
- Updating plugins.
- Updating the theme of the site (if it doesn’t harm and doesn’t throw off your work).
- Updating during the year in the content and in the titles, if they’re used there.
- Adding new unique articles, other topical materials ( for Google, the site that develops, has more weight than static).
Growth of quality links to the main page and to your article placements on this PBN.
Often this method is used if the page jumps on indexation and you need to increase its priority in the eyes of the search engine. More link signals, more attention from the SE.
Backup option. If the link reinforcement doesn’t work as well as the index isn’t coming back, but the site itself is stably in the index, we recommend expanding the content on the page.
- Develop a brief semantic core for the page.
- Form the best content for a group of keys.
- Implement the content, show updates to Google.
- Measure the effectiveness.
This is the best solution to this problem. Any professional content that is at least half as much as what is in the top ranking will be taken by Google as the best solution. Even if it has less links than the competition. Google likes complete answers to user queries (look for research on the importance of volume and usefulness of content on SEO promotion).
How do you know you need a PBN?
- Creating a network is quite costly and is often an unaffordable step in the efficient use of funds.
We’ve developed a checklist when you definitely need a PBN:
- Highly competitive niche and all available links are already bought out.
- Highly competitive niche and the cost of links on the exchange from $200 and above.
- You have more than 3 sites to promote and they aren’t affiliates
- You have some near-thematic sites, which should also be promoted (example: air conditioners online store, air conditioning installation services, ventilation equipment, boilers online store, home and apartment insulation services).
- You’re planning to exchange links with future partners or create more than 3 more sites in this niche.
- You have a number of clients for SEO promotion and you need to get links quickly and of high quality.
- From the purchase of 30-100 article links, the project doesn’t grow.
- The project froze at the top 10 and didn’t grow in the top 3. Any links give no result.
- Budgets for external promotion of the resource are more than 3000$ per month. And you need a maximum working and fast growth tool for the site.
Algorithm of ordering a network from buylink.pro
If you need advice in estimating or tips on how to form an order, you can contact our support in the chat (on the right), or leave a request on the page – https://buylinkco.com/order/
- After communication, we establish the technical task (TT) for the development of the PBN.
- We specify all the parameters, details and deadlines of the project.
- You pay for the order and we get to work.
- We deliver the project on time. Provide all data for verification.
- The client checks all sites, according to the TT.
- We close the order.
- We provide consultations on working with the PBN network.